League of Legends is currently the MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) with the biggest player base. It is a very complex game that is impossible to sum up in a few words.
With over a hundred champions to choose from and with so many players/kids raging and throwing games, you’d think that you’d be stuck in Silver rank forever. Still, there are a simple few things you can do to get better and quite possibly advance in the rankings.
So what can you do to get out of Silver rank?
- Practice and get good. You know that popular adage “practice makes perfect,” well, that rings true for League of Legends. If you want to rise up in the ranks, make an effort to improve. One fool-proof strategy to get better is to view replays of your matches to see what mistakes you made and learn from those mistakes.
- Buy Vision Wards. Don’t be stubborn. Buying a vision ward won’t hinder you from getting that next item. In fact, it can help you get there faster since you can farm safer and set up your lane for a gank with the help of your jungler.
- Know when to engage. Knowing when to engage takes some skill. If you find yourself down 0-3 in lane, then don’t engage without a plan or you’ll just find yourself down 0-4. Wait for the right moment to duke it out. Wait for a gank from your teammates or wait for your opponent to get impatient and dive you in your tower.
- Stop being toxic. Being toxic won’t help you or your team. Encourage your teammates to communicate and do the right thing to help set your team up for the win. And if your teammates are being toxic, just use the mute button.
- Pick the champion that your team needs. Sometimes matches are decided during the pick phase. So choose wisely. It will be difficult to win with a team of five assassins.
While these tips may not ensure that you’ll get out of Bronze/Silver, I can guarantee that you’ll have a more pleasant experience playing League of Legends. Soon, you might be seeing your new Gold frame.