Joining the Cross-Play Wagon
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds could eventually introduce another new feature that would benefit Xbox One and PC owners. In an interview with VG247, executive producer Chang Han Kim commented on the possibility of cross-play functionality coming to the game.
Cross-network play between the PC and the console is definitely something we want to do down the road, and we don’t anticipate we’ll have any technical issues with that. But… when you consider the competitive side of the game, I do feel that there’s a balance issue between controllers and keyboard and mouse. That’s what’s making it difficult for us to do [it] right away.
If PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds does eventually come to the PS4, it will be a question if Sony will join the cross-platform program. Sony recently denied going cross-platform with Minecraft and Rocket League, which are about to go cross-platform on Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and PC.
New Key Game Update: Adjusted Drop Rates and New Weapons
PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds will have a new patch. The patch includes changes to weapon drop rates and the addition of two new weapons. The new weapon that will be added is the Groza a 7.62 mm Bullpup. The Groza has excellent stability and stopping power in short to medium ranges. Following the Groza is the new P18C 9mm pistol with a fully automatic mode. The new weapons will also be included in care packages that will be dropped by a parachute within the game.
According to the developers:
Not all items had issues, but we decided it was necessary to adjust some of the items that were spawned too much or too little for their tiers. Even though it’s not bug-related, we also hope to improve the item looting experience for items that we’ve received a lot of user feedback on. Such improvements and adjustments will be made on a regular basis based on various data analysis and feedback.
Patch Note details are listed down below:
Loot Balance – First Pass – Changelog
- A new weapon, the Groza, was added. This weapon may only be acquired in Care Packages.
- VSS will no longer be found in Care Packages. It will remain to be spawned in the map.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire AR Silencers and SR Silencers in Care Packages.
- At a low probability, you will be able to acquire 4x Scopes in Care Packages.
- Spawn rate of SCAR-L was decreased to better fit the weapon’s tier.
- New weapon, a 9mm pistol with full auto mode was added
- Spawn rate of UMP was slightly decreased.
- Spawn rate of UZI was slightly increased.
- Level 1 Helmet was being spawned at a much higher rate than the Level 1 Vest, and the spawn rate was adjusted so that both items will be spawned at a similar rate.
PlayerUnknown’s Battleground is becoming popular among the PC players and right now the title is the third game on Steam with the most players. It is just behind Counter-Strike: Global Offensive and DOTA 2. The game is currently only available on PC but will later be released for Xbox One.