Valkyria Revolution Freebies
With just a few days to go before release, SEGA has announced that Valkyria Revolution will be receiving lots of free DLC, including new scenes and items. In addition, SEGA has released two free themes, one for the PS4 and one for the PS Vita starring Amleth Grønkjæ.
Here is the DLC release schedule for Valkyria Revolution:
June 27th – Items
- Special Issue Gear: Veteran Pouch+ – Special issue supplies for the Anti-Valkyria Squad. The Veteran Pouch+ gear increases experience gained by 10%
- Spinning Squall+ – Special Ragnite used in battle
- Burn Field+ – Special Ragnite used in battle
- Smash Blaz + – Special Ragnite used in battle
- Ragnite Shard – 30 ragnite shards
June 27th – Valkyria Revolution Scenario Pack: Vanargand
- Lamentations of Men – A tale of the tormented men of Vanargand
- A Day in the Life of the Wolves – A tale that covers daily life at Vanargand HQ, as reported by the journalist Fritte Eriksen
- Jumping Wind+ – Special Ragnite used in battle
- Ragnite Shard – 30 Ragnite Shards
July 5th – Valkyria Revolution Scenario Pack: The Circle of Five
- Can’t Stop Falling in Love – A tale that takes a closer look at the daily lives of Amleth and the Traitors
- The Traitors’ Daily Lives – A tale that takes a closer look at the bonds between Amleth and the Traitors
- As Luck Would Have It – The tale behind the Traitors’ rule “head or tails no hard feelings”
- The Orphans’ Dreams – The true tale behind the Circle of Five’s younger days, recounting the youthful dreams of Amleth and his friends
- Ragnite Shard – 30 Ragnite shards
- Rush Bolt+ – Special Ragnite used in battle
July 11th – Valkyria Revolution Scenario Pack: The Princess and the Valkyria
- Hunger Pangs and Royal Pains – A tale of terror about the hunger that assaulted Ophelia on a peaceful day
- The Soloist of the Battlefield – A tale of the crimson-eyed Valkyria and the inner conflict she faces
- Study of Flowers – A tale that uncovers the mystery behind Princess Ophelia’s deadly grace on the battlefield
- Ragnite Shard – 30 Ragnite shards
- Ring Squall+ – Special Ragnite used in battle
July 18th – Valkyria Revolution Scenario Pack: Maxim and Remembrance
- Standing Before a Dying Wish – The tale of Captain Amleth and his relationship with Vanargand’s executive officers, Godot and Miranda Vilfort
- Name of the Augmented Warrior – The tale of how a fallen prince was reborn as Grand General Maxim of the Ruzi Empire. After viewing the Scenario, Maxim will be usable as a squad member.
- The Road to That House – The tale of the Anti-ValkyriaSquad’s true feelings for Hans, boy soldier and Vanargand’s most trusted runner
- Ragnite Shards – 30 Ragnite shards
- Gravity 10+ – Special Ragnite used in battle
In addition, a new video has been released about the music “Eternal Rest.” It shows an interview with Yasunori Mitsuda and Sarah Alainn.
The Story Behind The Revolution
Valkyria Revolution’s plot revolves around the conflict between Jutland, a small country, and Ruzhien, a ruling empire. Due to the economic oppression brought on by the Ruzhien Empire, Jutland decided to retaliate against them. This Retaliation ended up in what they called the Liberation War.
The five individuals who instigated this war were called “The Circle of Five,” but historians have chosen to refer to them as nothing but traitors. A hundred years have now passed since the war’s starting moments. A new force of proud Jutland soldiers has risen to continue the fight against Ruzhien and powerful Valkyria warriors. This elite anti-Valkyria squad is known as the Vanargand unit. Players will step into the commanding officer role of Amleth and help lead his group to victory over the Ruzhien Empire.